Yahotin Station

Yahotin Station

Monday, July 14, 2008

PAT Drivers

In a previous post titled "For a very important date" I complimented PAT drivers. A later discussion with friends revealed my viewpoint as naive, or at least incomplete. There are some bad apples out there.

For example, one friend noted that at least a few drivers are less than friendly to cyclists. Drivers may endanger cyclists' lives at times.

Another friend spoke of a bus driver who was frustrated and stuck in an intersection (possibly trying to make a Pittsburgh left?). The bus driver expressed anger by tossing a soda at the offending vehicle driver. I can imagine that driving something as large as a PAT bus could certainly boost your ego and sense of immunity. Who could possibly run you down?

When I countered these unsavory experiences with my mostly pleasant experiences, my friend answered that bus drivers are nice to riders, but mean to everyone else. I'm still not buying such a wide generalization.

Has anyone else encountered a PAT driver's wrath?

No comments:

Waiting in Yahotin

Waiting in Yahotin